Writing Books/Real Life books.

I am currently, writing about an accident I was involved in when I was 19. I am wanting my experience to give others hope. I was wondering what would be the expected word count on this type of book?

Hello Sumiya

This is a tricky question because it depends upon the type of publisher that accepts it. If it is a full-scale biography, perhaps a publisher might want 80,000 words or ore but if it is a short self-help book 30,000 words might do. See if you can find a book already published that is similar to yours and see how many words it is, roughly, as that should give you an idea. I hope this helps.

Writing Books

Paul Watt

Advice on rewriting PhD dissertations into books; advice on sending manuscripts to scholarly publishers; how copyediting works; what to expect in the production process; explain what to do if a university press rejects your manuscript. I do NOT assess manuscripts

10 years publishing experience at Addison Wesley Longman, and Cambridge University Press Australia and the United Kingdom

Bachelor of Music; Master of Arts; PhD is almost finished! I also teach in editing and publishing courses at university level, both undergraduate and graduate