Writing Books/Too young to publish?

Question
Hi
Im sara, a 13 year old girl. Ive written a novel and my english teacher said it is fantastic and I should try to get it published. Oh yeah, its fiction. Im just wondering whether they'll turn me away because of my age? Thanks

Answer
Hello Sara:

All novels are fiction.

I don't believe any publisher would turn away a novel because of the author's age. More important, will the publisher think it's "fantastic"? What a publisher cares about is (1) what is your subject; (2) do you have anything original to say about it; and (3) how many people are liable to read (buy) it? In other words, is it marketable?

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high scores over 1900 questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand