Writing Books/What's with sequel muders?

Question
I don't get it. It seems like whenever an author or authoress writes a series by the end of the series most of the characters, especially the super cool ones who are wise, and powerful get killed off. Why is that?

Answer
I cannot answer that. I am not the author that wrote the plots.

Maybe because the author wants the twist of not all ends well-- that good guy die too. I don't know. How could I-- I am not the author of those.

And, BTW, there is no such thing as an "authoress" all published writers are authors.  

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett