Writing Books/permission of names

Question
I am writing my life story about being involved with a murder in ohio, this story was public for 6 weeks in news and paper. The names are public record. Do I still have to
get permission to use their names. If I change the names it defeats the story.

Answer
Using real names in a non-fiction story still has liable. Get permission for use of the real names or consult a literary attorney.

It doesn't matter if it was in the public news for 5 weeks- it does not make it fact, as media sensationalizes and sometimes facts are incorrect...

Only in a court of law is proven fact.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett