Writing Books/romance plotting

Question
I am struggling with plotting a romance novel I am attempting to write. From what I've read on various web sites, the hero & heroine must both be single upon meeting, and meet very early in the story.

My Heroine is in a relationship. she's married, and I want to be able to write about that situation before dealing with her relationship with my hero. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Answer
In fiction, there are no rules such as the heroine and hero must be single and not married. You can write anything, anyway, that you want-- it's your story.

Begin with her and her current life and marriage and day to day struggles and discord, or whatever.

Skip the narrative over to the hero that she will meet later. Delve into his world. Then skip back to her.

Sooner or later they will meet and a sub plot begins-- their dilemma of being attracted but her being married, etc.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett