Writing Books/Any Advice....

Question
"Hi, I really don't know if you can help, but Thank you for the time you take to read this.
I am a first time writer, and am currently working on my first novel. I am about a quarter into it, and am enjoying every second of it! I was just wandering there was any professional or non-professional out there who looks through peoples writing to give them advice or constructive critism? I would love to know if I'm going in the right direction with my writing, but I just don't know who I can ask. Any help you could give me to point me in the right direction would be great.

Thank you so much for your time."

Answer
Manuscript editing and evaluation is what I do for a living, but frankly itís always better to finish the manuscript before you get professional feedback on it, because much is likely to change in the plot and characters while you go through the process of writing the novel. Once you finish your first draft, go through it to polish it, tighten the writing, add layering and depth to the scenes and characters if necessary, and make the manuscript the best you can. At that point you are ready to seek advice, feedback, and guidance from a professional book doctor like me. In the meantime, youíll find lots of free information on my Web site (www.zebraeditor.com) as well as an offer to sign up for a free newsletter for writers.

I wish you much success.

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas