Writing Books/begining to write

How do you come up with a subject to write about?

Hi Katlyn,
That is an interesting question. Usually most writers simply want to tell a story. It is very hard to just think up a subject and start writing. It is much better to have a story that you really want to tell. It is even better is it is a story about something you know very well. To be obsessed by a story makes writing it so much easier. Often a story will start from something you see or hear and the people around you become the characters in the book.  I hope that helps.

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia