Writing Books/first timers

hi, my problem is that i'm trying to write a novel but i just can't stick to one story, i write articles and poems but when it comes to long stories i'd start by having a brilliant idea of a plot but when i start writing after a while another one pops up in my mind and i leave the first and start the other but then another idea comes to me and so, i end up with having fragments of writings and i can't seem to be able to focus or find time to write :( what should i do to concentrate on one novel and get through with it?

You must make an outline of your entire story; beginning, middle, end-- plot and subplots.

You must create a character profile list of each main character; their physical descriptions, scars, eye color, hair color, birth date, likes and dislikes, quirks, education, where they grew up, etc. etc.

Then begin and stay in line with the story plot while allowing the characters to develop subplots and crisis they can resolve.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.