Writing Books/What's a non-exclusive publishing agreement

Hello Paul,
I'm currently considering publishing my book (or self publishing it) and one publisher said they have a non-exclusive agreement, but I'm not entirely sure what that means? here is the link to the non-exclusive agreement, if you can shed some light:
Many thanks in advance,

Hi Andy

A non-exclusive agreement is GOOD. It means you can publish elsewhere. For example, if you publish a book in hardback with this publisher, you can find another publish for a paperback edition or a Japanese translation or for movie rights. You should check for any fine print in case you need to notify the publisher within a certain timeframe of such events and if they require royalties from other publishers, though this is highly unusual. I always recommend people pay a lawyer to look over a contract, it's expensive but necessary, really.

All the best--

Writing Books

Paul Watt

Advice on rewriting PhD dissertations into books; advice on sending manuscripts to scholarly publishers; how copyediting works; what to expect in the production process; explain what to do if a university press rejects your manuscript. I do NOT assess manuscripts

10 years publishing experience at Addison Wesley Longman, and Cambridge University Press Australia and the United Kingdom

Bachelor of Music; Master of Arts; PhD is almost finished! I also teach in editing and publishing courses at university level, both undergraduate and graduate