Writing Books/self publishing

Question
Hi, I don't know if this question is in your field, but I was wondering if, when an author decides to self publish their book, it is their responsibility to also organise their own book tours and the things that go with it? Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Liz,

Yes.  The author would reach out to book store community managers, etc. to create and make travel arrangements, etc. for their book tours.  With the Internet, authors can do online tours by posting information about their books/tours at their website and by sending people who are interested in their writings emails.  Online chats tend to be conducted through chats or teleconferences.  The author can read from their works and answer questions, etc. during the book tour.

Authors can also contact radio and television stations to schedule and conduct interviews.  Sending press releases is another way to generate interest in a book.

Honestly, even authors who work through major book publishers, do a lot of their own marketing and promotion.

Hope this helps!  

All the best to you, my friend!  

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell