Writing Books/my first book

Question
Okay I'm trying to write a book.  But I am moving slowly along, but I don't know how much to write for a teen novel.  I have 19,290 words now and 34 pages at a 11 size font and single spaced. I just kind of want to know the average length of books for teens. and how much words, or pages, i should to write for each day to help to finish writing it. and how many pages or words are average for teen novels.

Answer
This is a variable.

An average novel is 80,000 words. DO NOT count pages; when submitting a manuscript to a publisher, it has to be double spaced lines, 1" margins all around (APA format) and either in Courier font, or what the publisher's submission guidelines require (each can be different).

The pages are different in manuscript form than they will be in print form in a novel. That is the publisher's printers job, and the end font.

What you must work on is writing your story; the plot, all the subplots that arise, and conclusion. Word count is generally 80,000 words. So don't fret anything until you have successfully written the entire book with it's proper story plot.

And forcing yourself to write your book each day is non-productive. Not everyday is a creative day. When you feel the need and urge to write-- write. When you have story and character ideas- write. Do not force it or it will read forced.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett