Writing Books/novel writing

Question
Hi, I am wondering to know if I can use only first 'names' for my characters- both protagonist and antagonist, and the sub-characters. I am doing this for the ease of reading, because names of the characters are not English names.

Thank you

Answer
There is no absolute rule on names of characters in fiction, but usually first and last names are used at first introduction of the character and only first names or last names after that, anyway, so you may decide to introduce them by their full names and use their first names after that, and no one will know the difference. You are right that long or unusual character names are difficult for some readers of English, so choose memorable names and avoid too many long names.

I hope you'll subscribe for my free newsletter for writers, The Writers Network News. Go to www.zebraeditor.com and click on "Free Newsletter" to subscribe.  

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas