Writing Books/Describing my characters

Question
One of my characters is a baby. I'm not sure how to describe her really, because babies don't usually have much hair etc.
Her eyes are blue, and she's three months in the beginning of my story.
I am really stuck on it... and the best I've come up with was something like,
'I brushed a strand of Haylie's corn-silk blond hair from her pale, though her cheeks flushed a light pink, face. Her aquamarine eyes widened...'

Um.. not sure really how to describe her as I said.

My main character, baby's mommy, I'm having more trouble trying to describe her.
It's in first person, so should she describe herself in a paragraph or should she use phrases like,
'I combed my honeyish blond hair...'
???
I'm totally stuck.
Thank you soo much for your help.
I usually don't get stuck in descriptions but it's partly because this is my first fan fiction I'm writing.
<^U^>
Thank you again,
Ariel

Answer
Hello Ariel,

Don't go overboard with descriptions. Less is better.  It is perfectly all right for the reader to use his imagination regarding what the characters look like.  An overall idea can be given in the action.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

ps  I haven't a clue as to what "fan fiction" is.  It is a term that I have never before heard.  Please clue me in?

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris