Writing Books/Book Reviews

We are self published, "Cook Books" and would like to know how to get reviews.  Web Site is www.seedtosupper.com (for your reference).  We are just now getting started on our own sales and marketing and need help.
Thanks for your time.
Bobbie Jean Hazelton

CONGRATULATIONS on publishing your cook books!

To get book reviews, I'd contact websites and newspapers that review non-fiction books.  You can also check food-focused magazines and see if they do book reviews.  If they do, contact the editor and ask what you have to do to get your book reviewed.

Midwest Book Review
New York Times Book Review
Book clubs
The Washington Post

are just a few of the places that review books.

Best wishes!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell

I can answer questions on how to get published in magazines and newspapers; how to market your own books; how to earn a living writing; how to write press releases; how to find a good editor; how to edit your own books; finding a good printer; finding a good book illustrator; doing your taxes as a freelance writer. Questions I can't answer include specifics around working with a print on demand publisher

I have 36 years of experience as a writer (fiction and non-fiction). I am a book reviewer with Nielsen Media. I am a newspaper columnist and a reporter. I am a former radio station host and I am the editor of a literary newsletter, The Book Lover's Haven. I am also the author of more than 10 books.

Writer's Critique Group

The Trenton Times Philadelphia Trend Sisters in Style Essence Magazine The Pittsburgh Quarterly Obsidian II, etc.

I have taken numerous writing courses on book, proposal and grant writing as well as marketing and promotion

100 Most Admired African American Women Who's Who