Writing Books/need some help

hi there im andrew from the uk,have never writein a book before and was wondering if you could help i would like to write about a young man growing up in a bad area were drugs and crime hopping everyday and the young boy who hangs around with some thugs sees the light and becomes a football player wining major cups like the champion league world cup etc .. but after his fame of playing football he looks back on what he would have been like if not a footballer. on his retire of football he starts drinking again and taking drugs just like he did when he was a young boy and then he dies in the street after having all that fame and everthing at his feet , i would be greatfull if you mailed me back on what you think on  thanks .

Hi Andrew,

CONGRATULATIONS on preparing to write your book!  Kudos to you!

The storyline sounds interesting.  I did wonder why he would return to a life of drinking and drugs after achieving his dreams in one area of his life (sports).  Surely (I imagine) he saw what drinking and drugs did to other people.  If there's a very compelling reason why he returned to this life (i.e. a major phyical injury, transitioning of several loved ones) then his choice might make better sense.

Overall, the storyline does sound interesting.  

All the best!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell

I can answer questions on how to get published in magazines and newspapers; how to market your own books; how to earn a living writing; how to write press releases; how to find a good editor; how to edit your own books; finding a good printer; finding a good book illustrator; doing your taxes as a freelance writer. Questions I can't answer include specifics around working with a print on demand publisher

I have 36 years of experience as a writer (fiction and non-fiction). I am a book reviewer with Nielsen Media. I am a newspaper columnist and a reporter. I am a former radio station host and I am the editor of a literary newsletter, The Book Lover's Haven. I am also the author of more than 10 books.

Writer's Critique Group

The Trenton Times Philadelphia Trend Sisters in Style Essence Magazine The Pittsburgh Quarterly Obsidian II, etc.

I have taken numerous writing courses on book, proposal and grant writing as well as marketing and promotion

100 Most Admired African American Women Who's Who