Writing Books/Book Question

Hi Rhonda,
I realize this may be different from your usual writing/publishing question, but hoped you could help with your extensive literary background.
How can I find a book about what's it like to live abroad, with a summary of one country per chapter?  I'm mostly interested in English speaking countries.  I have books where each chapter is an interview of a different person and others where each chapter reviews a different book.  So I wonder if someone has written a book with a different chapter on living in a country.  The idea was sparked by this survey in Reuters:
Thank you.

Hi Brooks,

You can try searching:

Bowker ( - they list books published in the U.S. - they supply ISBNs to all print books published in the U.S. Not sure if you need to be a member of some of their databases (library, publisher) to do the search, but they are a good start.  You might want to call or email them as well.
Search engines
Library of Congress (

Off the top of my head, I am not aware of a book that covers countries by chapter.

You also might want to try a company/website like Open Road Guides (  They might know of such a book off the top of their head.

All the best!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell

I can answer questions on how to get published in magazines and newspapers; how to market your own books; how to earn a living writing; how to write press releases; how to find a good editor; how to edit your own books; finding a good printer; finding a good book illustrator; doing your taxes as a freelance writer. Questions I can't answer include specifics around working with a print on demand publisher

I have 36 years of experience as a writer (fiction and non-fiction). I am a book reviewer with Nielsen Media. I am a newspaper columnist and a reporter. I am a former radio station host and I am the editor of a literary newsletter, The Book Lover's Haven. I am also the author of more than 10 books.

Writer's Critique Group

The Trenton Times Philadelphia Trend Sisters in Style Essence Magazine The Pittsburgh Quarterly Obsidian II, etc.

I have taken numerous writing courses on book, proposal and grant writing as well as marketing and promotion

100 Most Admired African American Women Who's Who