Writing Books/Font to be used in writing novels

Question
Is Cambria a legit font for writing novels?

Answer
Hi, Hans!

Sorry for the delay. I was at a writing convention and forgot to put my account on "vacation". If you're sending a paper manuscript, it should be fine. It's a serif font and not too difficult to read. However, if you're sending it electronically, you risk having the agent/publisher not have that particular font on their platform (whether Mac, PC or Linux). The software would substitute something close and that might cause big problems with punctuation (because a quotation mark might end up a box or an arrow or something weird.) If electronically sending, use one of the old stand-bys: Courier New or Times New Roman.

But for your purpose of WRITING the book, you can use anything you want. Heck, you can type it in calligraphy if you like to look at it. Just remember the ease of reading it by the end recipient and you should be fine. Serif fonts (serifs are the little tags on the tops and bottoms of letters, which fonts like Arial don't have) are easier to read over long periods---like the hours it takes to read a manuscript. :)

Good luck!

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp