Writing Books/Writer's Block

Question
I have been stuck on Chapter 3 for a while and was wondering how you overcome writer's block.  I have much more I want to say if only I could just get over this one subject.

Answer
The answer to your question may just be within the question itself.

You said that you have "much more" to say.  And that's the key to understanding probably 80% of writer's block: having too much to say.  

Most people think of writer's block as not knowing what to write.  But more often than not, the writer is blocked not because they're empty, but because they're ... well ... blocked.  Like too much ketchup trying to get out of that narrow-mouthed bottle.  It's all clogged up.  You need to get some air in there.

Often, the solution is to take things in very small chunks.  Focus on one very small aspect of where you're stuck.  Just one.  Don't try to fix everything at once.  Make a decision about that one small thing.  And don't worry about it being the "right" decision.  If it's not, you can always change it later.  The point is to get things flowing again.  

So take a breath, get some air in there, and get one little bit of ketchup going.  The rest will follow.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales