Writing Books/Writing a book first or third.

Question
I am attempting a book. Now when I write in third person I use more detail but I rush and the book ends in like 10 pages. In first person I use less detail, but I'm able to keep the book going longer. Which sounds better?

Answer
Alex, there's no way I can answer this.  The choice of which person (or tense, or point-of-view, or any of a hundred different things) to use depends so much on the nature of the story you're telling.  There are pros and cons to first person and to third person (some of which you've just mentioned).  The only person who can really answer this is you, and the only way you can answer it is by developing a writer's instinct.  And the only way to do that is to write.  A lot.  A whole lot.  

And then write some more.  :)

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales