Writing Books/mythology

Question
I am writing a science fiction novel that takes place on other planets that I have made up. Can I use Mythology in my books? Preferably Greek Mythology?

Answer
Sure! You can use Greek mythology, but you'll want to put your own particular spin on it. Your plantlife and geography shouldn't be identical to Earth, so the statues and temples built to the gods might not have the same features as the ones here, and the rivers might be a different color than blue or grey depending on what plant life lives under the water. (and hey, Krakons might be REAL on your planet. :D) Good luck!

But remember that "science fiction" requires science to be at the heart of the story. And science doesn't always mix with myth. You might be writing a fantasy, rather than a science fiction. That doesn't change what you write, but it might change what you *call* it when you're ready to sell it. :)

Good luck!

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp