Writing Books/writing a book about music

Question
I am currently wotking on a book, and the content has alot of public information about many many many artists, and all of the things that are written are things that are public knowledge, qoutes in magazine interviews and such. What are the laws about writing about those situations, and including their names?

Answer
Katrina:

You'd need to check with the copyright holders (e.g., magazines) of each of the sources if you plan to quote anything at length.  Small snippets of quotes are rarely an issue, but larger chunks would potentially infringe on their rights.

I'd suggest reading up on copyright and "fair use," or consulting an attorney versed in publishing law.  

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales