Writing Books/just decided to write a book

Question
Hi Jannie,

I see that you deal with fiction and I am wanting to write more of a non-fiction book- but, it will definitely have aspects of non-fiction. I suffer from mental illness and have had quite an interesting and traumatic life so far and have recently decided that I want to share my story to raise awareness about my condition so that others may not suffer so much down the road. And, writing has always been therapeutic for me.

So, I can write about myself but all my characters will be based on real people but fictional. I am lucky that I started writing poetry at 12 and keeping journals so I have a lot to look back on.

Here's the thing- I have no idea how to get started. I talked to my father and he wants to work with me and help edit. He will probably do a lot with the early part of my life bc I dont really remember it. But there are LOTS of things he does NOT know that I think will shock him to find out. I warned him and promised that I would warn him everytime I give a chapter that included something of shock value. Anyway, sorry for being so "wordy". I was hoping you could give me some tips or advice on what to do, where to go? how to do it? Are there resources I need to pick up? Its all in my head, how to get out and make it pretty? Actually, i dont want it to be pretty. I want it to be real- and never was pretty.

Do you think you could help? If this is something you would like to do on an ongoing basis you could be a third author or have your name somewhere on there.

I appreciate your time reading my email and any help and direction you can give me!

Thank you,
Kristen*

Answer
Email me at jannieballiett@yahoo.com.

This will be ghost writing, plus being an editorial advisor and mentor.

I am a professional writer and editor.

Visit my editorial site at: http://a1editorial.net

and my author website at: http://jannieballiett.net

I can help.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett