Writing Books/editing

Question
Hi.  Can you tell me if there is any longevity when it comes to being a book editor or magazine editor?  Also, is it possible to get freelance editorial work the same way people get freelance writing work?  Thanks

Answer
Freelance editing is as any freelance business. Marketing. Education. Experience.

If you are qualified to be an "editor" and edit for the writing community and consumer, then you set up a website and market yourself and pray you get business.

To get a job with a magazine, newspaper, or publishing company-- you must have bachelors or master degrees, and experience.

It is not an easy task to freelance-- it's all about your website and marketing yourself.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett