Writing Books/editing

Hi.  Can you tell me if there is any longevity when it comes to being a book editor or magazine editor?  Also, is it possible to get freelance editorial work the same way people get freelance writing work?  Thanks

Freelance editing is as any freelance business. Marketing. Education. Experience.

If you are qualified to be an "editor" and edit for the writing community and consumer, then you set up a website and market yourself and pray you get business.

To get a job with a magazine, newspaper, or publishing company-- you must have bachelors or master degrees, and experience.

It is not an easy task to freelance-- it's all about your website and marketing yourself.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.