Writing Books/Young Writers

Question
Do you think that it is possible to be a young writer, and still have chances of being a published author? I'm 17, and I just was wondering what you thought of the possibilities, and what you think of the realities of it becoming true.

Answer
Hi, Sarah! That's a very good question, and is actually a question I see everywhere. There is always a possibility of getting published, regardless of your age. The writing and publishing industry cares very little about age, judging content solely on quality and marketability. Now, keep in mind that possibility and likelihood are two seperate things. It is possible for anyone to get published; however in terms of being likely, the odds are unfortunately against the author. You have as much possibility of getting published as a 30 year old. But whether you are accepted is based around quality of the piece. Also, minors cannot sign legal contracts, so your parent would be responsible for signing for you, until you are of age. Good luck! -Jamie

Writing Books

Jamie Darrach