Writing Books/Compilation books

Dear Ms. Balliett,
I'm interested in compiling a book with information gathered from celebrities. How do I go about doing this? Do I need a contract with a publisher first? It seems that this would validate what I am doing-making the celebrities more likely to respond to my requests. Do I just place my intentions in a query to a literary agent, although I don't have any of the information from the rich and famous yet? I am assuming that when I find a literary agent, he/she will locate an editor who would give me the go ahead(and contract) for the project or do I try to find celebrities who will "help me out" in order to have samples of what I want to do?Any information that you can provide will be appreciated.

Thank you,

An agent and publisher does nothing for the author until the manuscript is finished and ready.

Then the agent sends it to the correct publishers in that genre that might be interested.

You are on your own, and have to write it first.

It's been done before too, and you need written legal permission from each celebrity to write about them.

That is impossible.

Good luck.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.