Writing Books/Editing

Hi Rhonda,

I have a completed manuscript that I would like to get published into a novel. Can you recommend a good editing service to help me with the grammar and sentence structure of my manuscript?

CONGRATULATIONS on completing your manuscript!!!

Most editors I know work independently or with large publishing houses.  I encourage you to do a search on the Internet for an editor.  You can also search directories like Literary Market Place, Writer's Market, Editor and Publisher and Writers and Editors.  I think all of these resources are on the Internet (some have print directories as well).

All the best!  

Again - CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your manuscript!!!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell

I can answer questions on how to get published in magazines and newspapers; how to market your own books; how to earn a living writing; how to write press releases; how to find a good editor; how to edit your own books; finding a good printer; finding a good book illustrator; doing your taxes as a freelance writer. Questions I can't answer include specifics around working with a print on demand publisher

I have 36 years of experience as a writer (fiction and non-fiction). I am a book reviewer with Nielsen Media. I am a newspaper columnist and a reporter. I am a former radio station host and I am the editor of a literary newsletter, The Book Lover's Haven. I am also the author of more than 10 books.

Writer's Critique Group

The Trenton Times Philadelphia Trend Sisters in Style Essence Magazine The Pittsburgh Quarterly Obsidian II, etc.

I have taken numerous writing courses on book, proposal and grant writing as well as marketing and promotion

100 Most Admired African American Women Who's Who