Writing Books/help with my story titled "Smooch"

Jefferson Bales - tutorjb1 wrote at 2012-01-03 23:08:58
HI DEANNA! I'm sorry I've been gone so long.I'm back, but not sure how long I can stay. I've had serious health problems to deal with.

I want to hear about all you've been doing and see if there's anything more I can do to help you. I wish I could tutor you in person with your reading. I've learned something about your particular problem and intensive tutoring is what is most recommended. That's hard to do here. I just volunteered to be in a Creative Writing category at Allexperts and there's always my Yahoo! group(s).

So, tell me. What have you been up to all this time? How's your "plot" progressing? Did you give it actual color like I suggested? Did the school you found help? Do you have a social worker you like? Did you apply for SSI? It won't be much money, but it will qualify you for many other benefits. You need a social worker's help to apply. I'm sure you'll qualify.

Your friend,

Jefferson - & &

Writing Books

Jefferson Bales

I can assist writers in developing their stories and novels or screenplays and enjoy story-development(esp. humor) very much. I can lead writers to information on the Web that will help them write, find an editor, agent or publisher; though I can't(and nobody can) guarantee that they will find one. I know other writers seeking to publish with whom I can connect aspiring writers who may be able to help them and places online seeking writers to publish. I most prefer helping writers develop(primarily humorous) stories employing techniques that editors/agents/publishers expect. Thank you very much, JB - tutorjb1

Was ranked #1 in Fiction Writing when ended its free Q&A service in spite of a very late start, having only discovered when it had 3 years left of its free Q&A service so many others had a tremendous lead. I have worked at an NBC affiliate as a News, Public Affairs and Promotions consultant and wrote copy that was broadcast in advertisements, on news programs and in Special Productions. I have assisted writers in finding publishers and getting out of unfair contracts and for years have been sending much information useful to writers of all sorts at all stages in their careers to my open Yahoo! group at that anyone may join, leave and rejoin whenever it pleases them. I enjoy helping writers in any way I can. There are brief samples of my writing in my Bookdoctorsandeditors Yahoo! group, at my(JB's) Yahoo! blog and formerly in the archives at It is intended to be humorous so please keep that in mind while reading it. I have helped launch literary Zines by finding them online hosts and contributing to their first editions Thank you very much, tutorjb1

The Oblong Table of Writers. Periodically a toy train will exit the bar and drive around the table with drinks on flatbed cars that one may snatch from the cars if one is fast enough and not too drunk already. U.N.C.-Chapel Hill Alumni Association. Association of Alien Abductees. I escaped by irritating my alien captors so much they returned me to Earth and dumped me in Chapel Hill with only my saxophone. I paid for college by playing bass and sax in many popular bands culminating by opening the 1974 North Carolina Collegiate Jazz Festival in The Great Hall in Chapel Hill where I met the original cast of SNL who were there meeting with Prof. Anne Beatts(who wrote all the commercial parodies and much more for the show folowing a successful career as a Poetry Prof. at U.N.C.

Publications JB's blog at Broadcast by WXII-TV, the NBC affiliate in Winston-Salem,N.C. Many well-received answers at's former Q&A Service

B.A. in English from U.N.C., Chapel Hill,N.C. where I did library research and collation work(using the first American edition and first two English editions) of J. Fenimore Cooper's _The Pathfinder_ leading to publication of the first approved edition. I did well enough at U.N.C. to later attend graduate Advertising Journalism school there. I participated in the Georgetown University Writers' Conference. Thanks to much library research at U.N.C., I am an expert at finding resources for writers on the Web. I also studied design at UNC-Charlotte's Architecture school and that translates well to book-cover design and on-line and off-line book promotions. I have studied every issue of Writer's Digest magazine from cover to cover for 15 years and corresponded with its former long-time Fiction columnist, Larry Block, and have studied his writing by reading most of LB's novels. I learned to critique by being critiqued by Max Steele of U.N.C.'s Creative writing Dept. Thank you very much, Jefferson Bales - tutorjb1

The Car Hood Ornament for drinking all comers of any size under any table in any bar in Chapel Hill(That's a lot of bars).

Chris, publisher and editor in chief of Chris let it go only to return to Grad. School. WXII-TV(NBC-Winston-Salem,N.C.)