Writing Books/Do we need to learn any tricks from James Patterson?

Question
Hi, if I understand correctly, James Patterson is not really lauded by critics. Some say he is like a writing machine, giving out many novels a year.

However, he is still the bestseller author.

So if you want to write a thriller, do you need to learn from James Patterson?

Thank you

Answer
Hi Liam,
Sorry about the delay, but I have been flying around the world for the last week. Now in France and heading for Morocco!
As a thriller writer I avoid Patterson!  He is like a writing machine and has little to offer. Better to read Le Carre or the great Martin Cruz Smith.

Cheers

Sandy  

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon