Writing Books/writing a thriller

Question
When writing a thriller do you begin the first chapter of the story with action from your protagonist, antagonist, villian, or does it matter what character you start with?

Answer
The protagonist (main character, who wants something or wants to do something) and the antagonist (the person or thing that attempts to stop the protagonist from getting what he or she wants, also known as the villain) are the two most important characters in any book, but no absolute rule dictates which point of view should begin the first chapter. It seems to me, however, that if you want readers to empathize with the protagonist, itís better to begin with that character. Remember that the first person mentioned in a scene should be the point-of-view character for that scene.

Bobbie Christmas
Zebra Communications
Editing that makes books, magazines, and business materials more marketable
230 Deerchase Drive, Woodstock, GA 30188, 770-924-0528
www.zebraeditor.com - use this address to sign up for The Writers Network News, my free newsletter for writers!
Follow my "Write In Style" creative-writing blog at http://bobbiechristmas.blogspot.com/
Follow my "Don't You Dare Call It a Diet" weight-loss blog at http://dontyoudarecallitadiet.blogspot.com/  

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas