Writing Books/agents and synopis

One agency asks for a short about 500 word synopis. Any tips on writing one will be appreciated.
Also, please give me the requirements for obtaining a literary agent.

Thanks very much for the critism of the flash fiction piece. It made me expand upon it and write a better version. I won't send it to a market wanting a story told in 50 or two hundred words.

Here are some links to how to write a book synopsis:

I hope these help.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.