Writing Books/Formatting

I am writing a fantasy novel and am having trouble with the font and size of font for my writing and hope you can help. I was told not to use Times Roman and don't know which and what size is best for the setup I am using.
My page setup is .......

top     1.9cm
bottom  1.9cm
inside  1.27cm
outside 1.9cm
gutter  0.89cm

header 0.89cm
footer 0.89cm

paper size is 15.24cm width
         22.86cm height  or a 6.9inch book

Thank you and much appreciated.

Is this a publisher making this request? Because if you're talking about formatting a manuscript for submission to a publisher or agent, none of this matters, and Times New Roman is fine (unless you want to use Courier New.) But if it's a publisher who is insisting you format your own book for print and these are their requirements, then you might go with a serif font like Garamond or Bookman Old Style, or a sans serif font like Arial. However, I don't know if they are proprietary fonts so you might have to check into that. The size of font depends entirely on how many pages you want the book to be. The typical size is 10 or 11 pt.

I don't know if I helped or just confused you more. Tell me more about who the company is and maybe I can give a better answer.

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.