Writing Books/Copyright

Question
I'm not sure if this is orthodox or even necessary. But, is there an affordable,easy way to copyright a work in progress? I currently have around 150 unedited pages of a fictional (horror) manuscript. I started a blog and other social networks to follow the entire process of writing, editing, and publishing my novel. I did this mainly to build a following and a build up to my manuscripts completion.
 essentially, I post lots chapter excerpts to the public eye. Is there a way to copyright my unfinished work? And if there is, should I even bother?

Justin Hilbert

Answer
You simply add the copyright symbol, year and name and all rights reserved at the bottom of each posting of your book.

To copyright hard copy the poor man's way: seal the manuscript in an large envelope and address it to yourself and mail it. Do not open it ever- unless you go to court to prove copyright which the judge opens the envelope. The mail date proves it is your work,

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett