Writing Books/Copyright

I'm not sure if this is orthodox or even necessary. But, is there an affordable,easy way to copyright a work in progress? I currently have around 150 unedited pages of a fictional (horror) manuscript. I started a blog and other social networks to follow the entire process of writing, editing, and publishing my novel. I did this mainly to build a following and a build up to my manuscripts completion.
 essentially, I post lots chapter excerpts to the public eye. Is there a way to copyright my unfinished work? And if there is, should I even bother?

Justin Hilbert

You simply add the copyright symbol, year and name and all rights reserved at the bottom of each posting of your book.

To copyright hard copy the poor man's way: seal the manuscript in an large envelope and address it to yourself and mail it. Do not open it ever- unless you go to court to prove copyright which the judge opens the envelope. The mail date proves it is your work,

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.