Writing Books/dry crusty nose

We have a male boxer that is 5 years old.  He shows no signs of being sick - he is very active and in great shape.  However, we have noticed recently that his nose is dry and crusty looking.  It almost looks like it is chapped.  I have tried to apply Vaseline to it - however, he licks it off as soon as I apply something to it.  Is there anything that you would suggest to help with his nose?

This very very common with Boxers- some more than others.

Do not use Vaseline because it has petroleum.

Use olive oil, or cooking oil. Olive oil is preferred.

Blot it on his nose, covering all the white, (yellowish) crusty areas 3 times a day- 4 if necessary.

Usually allergies irritate and exasperate the condition: smoking inside the house, weed and grasses allergies outside, and often food allergies; and can be in combination of some or all of the above.

Make sure his dog food does not contain corn, corn gluten, and any type of gluten. If it does, consider a brand that is free of those ingredients.  

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.