Writing Books/ebook

Dear Jannie, my new book is in pretty good shape. My writing coach has suggested a strategy for my novel. It follows:

Announce on my website that my first novel, Blind Tomahawk, will be available as an eBook by January 1, 2012. With my second draft complete, I can now hire someone to proof and perform a quick edit as an eBook compatible with the Apple iPad, Sony Reader, Stanza, Nook, etc. I should be able to meet the January 1 deadline.

Now Blind Tomahawk would be out there and readers will supply comments. Hopefully, Iíll get my editing investment back from the sales. Then, armed with the knowledge of what works and what doesn't work as far as a commercial thriller goes, Iíll write the final draft and pitch it to major publishers.

By having already published it as an eBook then subsequently improve the writing several notches, I would show publishers that Iím a hard working author and not a wanna be.

So, I would like to know your opinion, Thanks Dickie

No publisher wants any manuscript pre-published. That declines their sales.

Why would any publisher want a previously "published" book?

Who will buy a hardcover for $24 when people can buy an ebook for $3.99?

Do not e-publish if you plan to market it to publishers.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.