Writing Books/Web site vs, website

Question
Hello Cathy! I've been  trying to meet you. I think you give excellent answers. I was told by a published romance eBook author and editor for an eBook publisher that website as one word was incorrect and that it is properly two.  My own  online research  revealed it as two words with Web capitalized and site in all lower case.

I'd simply like to know your opinion on how Web site(website) should be spelled. Allexperts.com told me you had another question of mine pending. You must be working hard. I am already satisfied that you are a knowledgeable and experienced writer so am only seeking your personal opinion about the spelling. I am not asking for a lot of research and citations; just your personal preference.
Thank you very much,
Jefferson Bales

Answer
Hi, Jefferson!

Actually, I think I already answered your previous question, but I'll check to be sure it sent properly. As to this issue, it's been a hotly debated topic for some time, but it appears that at least one industry source has changed it's opinion and decided "website" is correct. See here:

http://lisagoldresearch.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/ap-stylebook-surrenders-the-bat

In my personal experience, I use "website". :)

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp