Writing Books/Writing my life story

I have begun a book about my tragic life but I don't know how to write very well so am trying to find a ghost
Writer or  a co author.
My life is about horrible abuse as a child. Running away from home and sleeping on a box
At 11. I we using meth at 12. Abducted at 16 for 6 month and used in the sex trade. I have
Survived a $400 a day heroin habit,cocaine addiction ,prostituting myself and 7 years in prison.
40 years later, I am successful and truly blessed to alive. I would love to write my story in
Hopes of helping others.
Any advise would be appreciated!
Tammy Gitsham

Hi, Tammey!

So sorry to hear about your life, but it's great you were able to overcome your problems. Memoirs aren't something I've worked on, but I do know a terrific resource for you that will help you learn the process of writing yours. As I understand it, memoirs are one of the few books that you don't have to write in advance of selling it. You can sell the CONCEPT of the story and have the publisher help find you a ghost writer.

Click this link and read the sticky threads. You'll find out more than you ever dreamed about the process (including how to find a ghost writer if that's the route you want to go!)

Hope that helps and good luck!

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.