Writing Books/Submitting novel

Question
I'm writing my first fiction novel and I've been reading alot on the web concerning submission of an unpublished author's manuscript.  I have written one other book but I self published that on my own.  I would like to send my manuscript to several publishers but the ones I have read about don't really accept material from an unknown/untested author.  Any tips? One other question, the book I self published I obtained my own copyright. Should I get one for my manuscript before sending it to publishers?
Thanks!

Answer
Hi, Rebecca!

If the publishers you want to work with only accept agented manuscripts, then the answer is to get an agent! Really, an agent is a terrific partner in the process. They watch out for you and negotiate the contracts to your best benefit. What genre are you writing (meaning on what shelf in the bookstore would your book be?) I can give you some good suggestions about where to go to look for one. :)

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp