Writing Books/ahmad from booklogix

Hi Bobbie. You recommended that I have my book made by Ahmad, and he seemed very friendly and sincere after I established contact with him. However, I'm starting to get a tiny bit concerned. Since I sent my book documents to him, I contacted him a couple of weeks ago just to ask him how the book was coming along. He said he would contact me "next week". He didn't do as promised, and now he hasn't responded to my latest email. I don't want to put any pressure on him to hurry up; I just want to know how it's going, that's all. He hasn't given me any information about that, and his latest lack of response (he always responded promptly before) is making me just a tad concerned. I'm probably over-reacting, but this book is so important to you suggest I just be patient?  I have a right to ask him how it's going without him feeling pestered by me, don't I? Thank you.

I would be concerned, too. I have heard that Ahmad has had some family issues, but that should not affect his work. I will contact him and tell him to have someone contact you and move forward with your project.

Thank you for letting me know what's going on. I never want to recommend a service that fails people, so I need to know how you are treated. Keep me up to date. You can contact me directly at or  

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas

Book Doctor Bobbie Christmas owns Zebra Communications, a book-editing firm in metro Atlanta. She not only edits books, she also helps writers power up their prose to increase their chances of success. She is the author of Write In Style (Union Square Publishing), a creative-writing guide that won three awards.

Bobbie has spent more than 40 years in the publishing and communications industry and has run Zebra Communications, a book-editing company, since 1992. The editor of many publications and periodicals, she has worked with book publishers and trade magazine publishers as well as working in marketing communications and corporate communications.

Past president, Georgia Writers Association; past vice president, South Carolina Writers Workshop; charter/lifelong member, Florida Writers Association; Southeastern Writers Association; Atlanta Writers Club; Society for the Preservation of English Language and Literature (SPELL); International Guild of Professional Consultants

Write in Style (Union Square Publishing), A Cup of Comfort (Adams Media Corporation), A Cup of Comfort for Friends (Adams Media), A Cup of Comfort for Mothers and Sons (Adams Media), Haunted Engounters (Atriad Press), Remembering Woolworth's (St. Martin's Press), First-Time Home Buyer magazine, HomeBusiness Journal, Apparel Industry Magazine, Edge Magazine, Atlanta Jewish Times, Time Travel Australia, American Writers Review, Points North, That's Entertainment, Atlanta Parent, Agnes Scott Alumnae Magazine, etc.

Journalism: University of South Carolina plus four decades of working in publishing, marketing, communications, advertising, newspaper and magazine production, book publishing, etc.

First Place, nonfiction, Georgia Writers Annual Contest, 2005; First Place, education, Royal Palm Literary Award, 2004; Best in Division, Georgia Author of the Year Awards, 2005; Finalist, Best Books 2005, USA BookNews Third Place, nonfiction, Georgia Writers, 1999; Nominated for Georgia Author of the Year, 1998; plus many other awards

Capital Books, Sourcebooks, Olin Frederick, The Writer's Machine, Russell Dean & Company, Outskirts Press, and hundreds of writers.