Writing Books/prior reconition

Question
Hi
I read what you specialize in and I was wondering if it applies to me.
Shortly I will put my short story on Kindle Amazon.com then my novel.
Should I, or how can I build name reconition before hand? (or while it is on Amazon.com?)

Thanks

Answer
Yes, you should work to build name recognition before publishing, otherwise, who is going to buy your book? You're up against hundreds of thousands of different books, so any work you do in advance to publishing of getting your name out there will benefit you after you publish.

As for how, you can use a blog (your own or get interviewed on another blog), use a website (creating your own and using Search Engine Optimization to draw potential readers to your site), write for other online venues and note your book title and website after your name, use social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to start connecting with potential readers, and volunteer for events that may include potential readers.

I suggest you look into taking classes on building your platform and audience, or find some books on being a sales person. I spent four years taking marketing classes (for authors) and reading sales books before I published my first novel. There is a lot to learn on this front, and the sooner you start the better.

Good luck!
Ann

Writing Books

Ann Charles