Writing Books/blogs and marketing

Question
QUESTION: Hi
I saw your answer to someone about blogging to promote their writing. I have created a blog on Blogger and it asks questions so that people can send in replies and I will respond.
I didn't want to do a daily diary. Is this okay? I'd appreciate any feedback on the blog. Thanks.

http://demetius-sherman.blogspot.com/

ANSWER: Hi Demetrius,

I enjoyed visiting and reading your blog.  The layout is visually appealing and easy to follow.  I do think your blog posts may benefit from being longer. I also didn't see a place to add comments; suggest you include a "comments" field on your blog. Also suggest enlarging and add more "share" buttons (e.g. Facebook, StumbleUpon, Twitter, Pinterest) so visitors can spread the word about your blog posts with the click of a button.

Good start.  You grabbed my attention. The colors at your site also work well to me.

Best wishes!

QUESTION: Thanks. I want to know if I have to blog post?
My idea was to ask questions you see on the site and then answer when someone comments (got to fix that "comment" thing asap)
Is this okay?

ANSWER: Hi Demetrius,

It's your blog, so you can do what you want.  Most blogs I've seen will post commentary, news type articles and leave room for comments.  I've seen blogs with book reviews, recipes, pictures, etc. The wonderful thing about a blog is that you can make it your own.  There is no set formula or type of content for a blog that I'm aware of.  However, by posting regularly to your blog (4-5 times a week) you may find that you receive more search engine traffic.

Perhaps you may find it beneficial to look at a few blogs to get an idea of what you can do.

All the best!!

QUESTION: Hi
I tried adding a "comment" section, but the word "comment" is hard to see. Do you know how to make it white like the other letters or red on Blogger?

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Demetrius,

I've never used Blogger.  I recommend contacting Blogger directly or finding another writer who uses Blogger and asking them how to enlarge the word "comment".  You might be able to find help by typing "Blogger, Tech Help" in a search engine.

Best wishes!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell