Writing Books/writers resume

Question
Hello
I spotted your answer to someone concerning a writers resume, so I am asking you my question.
An online/print magazine asked for a writers resume and samples.
I put together a resume, but for the samples is writing a cover letter with links to two  online articles acceptable ? (the others are hard copy)

Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks

Answer
Hi Demetrius,

Generally, how you submit writing samples is up to you. However, some employers prefer links to online articles, while others prefer attached writing samples. A benefit with online links is that they show that your work was actually published. You can always send the links and include a note in your cover letter letting the employer know you can provide additional samples upon request.

Best wishes,

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell