Writing Books/writing articles to promote your book

Question
Hi
As you know I have a short story on Amazon. One author states that to promote your business you should write articles with helpful tips people can use. I wondered how I might do this?
My book is on Sherlock Holmes, I have a MA in PR and Organizational Communication and took courses towards a certificate in new media.

What articles might attract people to my book site?
Is it possible to follow the authors suggestions?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Demetrius,

You can write articles about your book (e.g. process you used to create your book, marketing strategies that have helped you sell more books). You can also write articles that provide tips other writers/readers of your blog can use to grow their own book sales, business, etc.

It's truly up to you. Whatever you decide to write about, you're going to have to market your blog. For example, you'll need to submit your blog to search engines, submit articles you write to social media sites like Pinterest, Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Floost, LinkedIn, Google Plus, etc. It generally takes awhile to build blog traffic, but if you post 4-5 new articles at your blog a week you should see growth in 2 to 3 months.

You might find it helpful to join a blogger discussion forum.  A few I know of are:

http://www.bloggingtips.com/forums/
http://www.mintblogger.com/2008/10/10-best-discussion-forums-for-bloggers.html

All the best!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell