Writing Books/similar-phrases

Question
writing a book in some phrases i had the thought that probably and someone else has used the same or a similar phrase that i am writing, for example something wise.would it be illegal or something?

thanks a lot!

Answer
Hi, tommy!

If you're using phrasing that others have used that you've read and like how they write, that could be a problem. But if you're using your own phrasing that others MIGHT have used, and you've never seen the work written by those people, then it's just a coincidence that you have a similar style to someone else. I've had that happen myself.

Is there a particular example you're concerned about? Have people told you that "you write just like so-and-so" or have you noticed it yourself?

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp