Writing Books/kindle question

Question
Hello,
I have written a couple of information, how to type books and I have been looking at creating an account with amazon to turn these into kindle books.  One thing I am wondering about but having a hard time finding an answer to is if I wish to put my book up at more than one website.
if I want to list my book with Amazon on Kindle and if I want to list it with other sites like createspace, do I have to wait a certain period of time.  Does amazon have a period of time where they want to have your book exclusively before you list it any other places for sell.

Answer
Hello Richard,
Thank you for your question. You can publish anywhere, but do not sign up for "Kindle Select," which requires ninety days of loyalty to Amazon.
Also, be sure you give Amazon your lowest price. If they find it somewhere else for less, they will lower your price.
If you want to discuss further, please write back. I will also enclose my handy instructions for publishing at Kindle.
These are just what I found, so be sure to check everything out as you get into it.
Nori

Instructions for Publishing at Amazon Kindle

Open an account at kdp.amazon.com
This will require your bank account number, bank routing number, and your SSI, or EIN. This allows them to direct deposit your royalties and 1099 you.

Prepare the book the way you want it to look in a Word doc.
Prepare the cover the way you want it in Photoshop or similar program. It can be color. Make it a minimum of 625 to 1,563 pixels on the shortest side.

Log in to your account at kdp.amazon.com and go to your dashboard. Click the button, “add new title.” You will have two pages of fill-in-the-blank questions, then you click “publish,” and your book will appear online within a day or two.

Update the contents of the book or cover: go to your kdp.amazon.com dashboard and upload new files or make changes. Your account will update within a day or so.

Tips

Enroll in KDP Select? This is okay, but it gives Amazon exclusive rights to your book for ninety days. You can turn off the auto-renewal option if you seek a publisher. It brings more sales because it makes your book available to Amazon members to choose as their free book of the month.
Series? I do not recommend making books a part of a series.
Publisher? I do not suggest listing a publisher. It could cloud your ownership of your manuscript. If you have your own publishing house, you can of course list it.
ISBN? If you have a spare one, you can use it for this edition of your book. If you do not have any ISBN numbers, just leave it blank. Amazon will assign an AISN number.
Publishing rights? Check “This is not a public domain work . . .” if that is true.
Upload your book cover. Upload your Word doc of the manuscript.

-click save and continue to proceed to 2nd page –

publishing territories? - worldwide rights
choose your royalty – 70%
List price – to get your book for sale in all these countries, choose a price between $5 to $9.99.
Kindle Book Lending – sure why not
Check the box that says “By clicking Save and Publish below, I confirm . . .”
Click the “Save and Publish” button and your book will be online or updated soon.

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster