Writing Books/kindle question

I have written a couple of information, how to type books and I have been looking at creating an account with amazon to turn these into kindle books.  One thing I am wondering about but having a hard time finding an answer to is if I wish to put my book up at more than one website.
if I want to list my book with Amazon on Kindle and if I want to list it with other sites like createspace, do I have to wait a certain period of time.  Does amazon have a period of time where they want to have your book exclusively before you list it any other places for sell.

Hello Richard,
Thank you for your question. You can publish anywhere, but do not sign up for "Kindle Select," which requires ninety days of loyalty to Amazon.
Also, be sure you give Amazon your lowest price. If they find it somewhere else for less, they will lower your price.
If you want to discuss further, please write back. I will also enclose my handy instructions for publishing at Kindle.
These are just what I found, so be sure to check everything out as you get into it.

Instructions for Publishing at Amazon Kindle

Open an account at
This will require your bank account number, bank routing number, and your SSI, or EIN. This allows them to direct deposit your royalties and 1099 you.

Prepare the book the way you want it to look in a Word doc.
Prepare the cover the way you want it in Photoshop or similar program. It can be color. Make it a minimum of 625 to 1,563 pixels on the shortest side.

Log in to your account at and go to your dashboard. Click the button, “add new title.” You will have two pages of fill-in-the-blank questions, then you click “publish,” and your book will appear online within a day or two.

Update the contents of the book or cover: go to your dashboard and upload new files or make changes. Your account will update within a day or so.

Enroll in KDP Select? This is okay, but it gives Amazon exclusive rights to your book for ninety days. You can turn off the auto-renewal option if you seek a publisher. It brings more sales because it makes your book available to Amazon members to choose as their free book of the month.
Series? I do not recommend making books a part of a series.
Publisher? I do not suggest listing a publisher. It could cloud your ownership of your manuscript. If you have your own publishing house, you can of course list it.
ISBN? If you have a spare one, you can use it for this edition of your book. If you do not have any ISBN numbers, just leave it blank. Amazon will assign an AISN number.
Publishing rights? Check “This is not a public domain work . . .” if that is true.
Upload your book cover. Upload your Word doc of the manuscript.

-click save and continue to proceed to 2nd page –

publishing territories? - worldwide rights
choose your royalty – 70%
List price – to get your book for sale in all these countries, choose a price between $5 to $9.99.
Kindle Book Lending – sure why not
Check the box that says “By clicking Save and Publish below, I confirm . . .”
Click the “Save and Publish” button and your book will be online or updated soon.

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster

Writing and publishing books, including e-books.

I have been writing for publication since 1981, including years as a staff writer, associate editor, editorial writer, and freelance reporter. At this time, I have eight Kindle books for sale at

Lakes of Tempe Authors, Tempe, Arizona

Betrayal of the Spirit: My Life behind the Headlines of the Hare Krishna Movement
Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the World
Cult Recovery Handbook: Seven Paths to an Authentic Life
Child of the Cult
Learning to Flow with the Tao: The 64 Hexagrams of the I Ching
Positive Quotations: Wisdom from the Master Mind
Collected Writings: Five Books by Nori Muster
Noriland Art Gallery: Secrets from the Vault
Spiritual Summer and Other Short Stories

UCLA Extension Writer's Program, 1988 - 1994
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Western Oregon University, 1991

USA Today, Los Angeles Times, BBC World Services Focus on Faith, BBC Sunday Programme,, Glamour Magazine, Portland Mercury News, W-Five TV (Toronto), Publisher's Weekly, Boston Phoenix, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC TV News - 20/20, ABC radio, Associated Press, The Age (Melbourne),, The New York Times, Religious News Service, Dallas Morning News, Columbia Journalism School, Whole Life Times (Los Angeles), Toronto Sun, the John Dayle Show (KFYI AM, Phoenix), the Eliot Stein Show (syndicated radio and Internet broadcast), Discovery with Josh Wagner (KKUP, 91.5 FM, Santa Clara, California), KOGO (News Radio 600, San Diego), Jupiter’s Girl syndicated radio show, Lakes Log.

Book Reviews:
Publisher’s Weekly, Feminist Bookstore News, Yoga Journal, New York Post, Choice Magazine, Boston Herald, Nexus (Colorado), Gentle Strength Times, Coastlines (UCSB alumni), Theology Digest, Nova Religio, Rapport, India West,,

Book Signings:
Prescott College reunion; Gentle Strength Co-op, Tempe; Different Drummer Bookshop, Laguna Beach; L.A. Times Toastmasters; Biltmore Plaza Border's Books, Phoenix; Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles; Health & Life Enrichment Expo, Pasadena; Sacramento Reads book festival, and others.

ISKCON World Review, Van Dhal Publications, Gentle Strength Times, Arizona Woman, Lakes Log, ICSA Today, Cultic Studies Review, University of Illinois Press, Kindle,,, Apple Books, and others.