Writing Books/Editing and drafts

Question
QUESTION: Hi
I would like to know when the draft and editing stage is implemented through the book .
such as how many drafts and in what stage of the book should you edit.

ANSWER: Daniel,

This depends entirely on the author. Usually editing comes into play after the first draft. Anything you change after the original is considered editing or revising. You shouldn't start editing until after you have completed your first draft, with exception of a drastic change so that failing to edit beforehand will hinder your work. I hope this makes sense.

Jamie

QUESTION: thanks,
Also what is the basic point of a first draft and what is your estimate of how long it would take to complete.

Answer
Daniel,

I don't know what you mean by "basic point point of a first draft." Do you mean the purpose? If so, a first draft is to just get all your ideas out into words. First drafts are usually not very good because of this! But the time it takes to compose a draft, again, depends on the writer. Everything is dependant on the length of the novel and the amount of time put into it each day by the author.

Jamie  

Writing Books

Jamie Darrach