Writing Books/Legal Implications

I am writing a pseudo nonfiction novel that will ultimately end up being fiction. Given the nonfiction nature of it (i.e. events, situations, people), what are the legal ramifications I need to be aware of in the off chance that it is one day published? I have already changed all names and some facts, however anyone that was privy to the situations discussed in it will, I have no doubt, know immediately who the people talked about are.

As long as you change the names, then you should be okay. If you're using a person's name, and they are still living, then you will need to get written permission. Although by changing names you can avoid slander issues, in order to avoid personal issues, make sure that the people you're writing about are okay with it, or you may make them upset!

Writing Books

Jamie Darrach

I can answer just about any question regarding the composition, editing, and publishing procedures for all forms of literature. I will give aspiring authors ample tips on how to strengthen plot, how make story-lines and characters credible, how to improve visual description and dialogue, and how to make works flow easily and naturally. In addition, I can give writers advice on how to adequately edit and revise their works. I have knowledge of the literary market, and can advise writers in which route would be best for their piece, including offer examples of presses and agents who work with manuscripts in the author's category.

I have been writing for eleven years, having completed fourteen novels, several short stories, and countless pieces of poetry. I am experienced in multiple genres. I have worked as a copy-editor and critic for aspiring authors. I have researched the literary market from inside-out, and can provide much information to writers who are seeking advice.

College for BA in English