Writing Books/Cuss word

Question
Is there a right and wrong way to write the word "son-of-a-bitch," in dialogue and narrative? Thanks.

Answer
Hi, Wayne

Sorry for the slow response. To answer your question, there are different ways to write the phrase while still remaining correct. You can write "son of a bitch," "son-of-a-bitch," or "sonofabitch." The last one is usually to indicate the curse word is spoken quickly or under the breath. Plural would be "sons of bitches," to be grammatically correct, or "son of a bitches," could be used for a character who is uneducated or who often speaks with slang or improper grammar. I hope this makes sense.

Jamie

Writing Books

Jamie Darrach