Writing Books/Novel Category.

Question
Dear Vincent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novel‎

Among different categories of Novel / Stories / Books  i.e. Fiction written by Authors, Which category do you feel the Most difficult to write and which category could be the most easy to write with reasons ?.

Categories
----------

Comedy
Romance
Tragedy
Horror
Suspense
Thriller
etc

Do you feel Great Authors / Writers should be able to write
any Fiction Book/ Novel / Story ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant:

I honestly can't answer your first question, because I've never attempted to write in certain genres.  I'm not at all interested in horror, for example, so I'm certainly not going to spend any time trying to write something I don't even read.  Further, I would say that every author would answer this question differently.  Some have a hard time with writing good comedy; others think it's easy.

As for your second question, I suppose it's fair to say that any good writer SHOULD be able to write in any genre.  But ability and desire don't always mesh.  Writers should write what they're passionate about, not worrying about other areas.

Hope this helps.

VMW

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales