Writing Books/Will a publisher accept work that's been posted online previously?

Question
Dear Sir,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

I am considering putting my romance manuscript on wattpad.com so I can get beta readers' feedback. Harlequin/Carina Press is also running a contest on the site and will be reviewing completed book manuscripts, potentially rewarding contracts to authors they like.

Will I be able to submit to other houses (even smaller Ebook only presses like Entangled) if I have already posted my manuscript in its entirety online? I can delete my uploads to Wattpad.com, but whenever something is posted online, there's going to be a small chance some part or the whole thing will stick around.

What would you recommend?

Thanks again,
Amy

Answer
It only depends on the publisher's contract. But with ebooks, why pay for it if it is online for free?

If you are in a contest, take the win and publishing contract, obviously....

If you do n0t win, remove it online to seek regular publishing, however, most publishers don't want it out there online.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett