Writing Books/Will a publisher accept work that's been posted online previously?

Dear Sir,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

I am considering putting my romance manuscript on so I can get beta readers' feedback. Harlequin/Carina Press is also running a contest on the site and will be reviewing completed book manuscripts, potentially rewarding contracts to authors they like.

Will I be able to submit to other houses (even smaller Ebook only presses like Entangled) if I have already posted my manuscript in its entirety online? I can delete my uploads to, but whenever something is posted online, there's going to be a small chance some part or the whole thing will stick around.

What would you recommend?

Thanks again,

It only depends on the publisher's contract. But with ebooks, why pay for it if it is online for free?

If you are in a contest, take the win and publishing contract, obviously....

If you do n0t win, remove it online to seek regular publishing, however, most publishers don't want it out there online.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.