Writing Books/23 Days

Question
I had brain surgery 12 years ago and post-surgery I was diagnosed as hypomanic/bi-polar/manic.  As they could not medicate me I sought the help of an established psychiatrist.  The after effects have been life changing to say the least.  I am now a multi-media artist and have been accepted into the Fine Arts program at a local university on scholarships and bursaries.  I had never been artistic before the surgery and have been told by most medical authorities that there is no correlation between the surgery, mental illness and creativity.  My biggest hope in writing this book is to take away the stigma of mental illness as it has been for me a wonderful awakening of my spirit. I actually woke up and felt that the old Wilma had been reinvented.  How could I know how to make pottery, paint on glass, make mirrors with plaster and fabric, draw, write poetry, you name it I did it.  I know  this will be a great story.  I am currently enrolled in English 1099 in preparation for Creative Writing next term.  I would like to hear your take on my idea.

Answer
Any story that shows triumph of the human spirit as well as an unusual outcome from dire circumstances makes a good story; it's up to the writer to make it a well-written story. Go for it!

Be sure to learn as much as you can about writing while you go along--that is, go ahead and write the first draft, but remember it's just a first draft, because good writers revise every manuscript with each draft, because they are constantly honing their skills and perfecting their craft.

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas